Dr. Kaplan Voted #1 Dermatologist
Dr. Kaplan was voted the top dermatologist in Ventura County for 7 consecutive years by a reader’s poll in the Ventura County Reporter.
In a patient overall satisfaction survey, Coastal Dermatology was given a 95.1% rating.
Read other patients’ experiences with Coastal Dermatology and various skin care procedures below!
- “As the owner of a large insurance agency with two offices and several thousand customers, I am very customer focused and pay great attention to the manner in which other business treat their customers. You guys do an excellent job!”
- “I have been coming to Coastal Dermatology since 2006. It is the best dermatology office I have ever been to, and I have been to many before. I found Dr. Kaplan and staff always warm, kind, and professional. (I) look forward to my appointments. I have referred many people to the office and they all agree it is the best!”
-Kelly Watkins, Patient
- “Great doctor, Dr. Kaplan!”
- “Very professional service. I enjoy Dr. Kaplan. It is nice to know any skin cancer issues will be monitored and addressed two times per year. I learned things I did not know and I use the doctor’s advice.”
- “Dr. Kaplan and staff were great!”
- “I’m very satisfied with Dr. Kaplan.”
- “A rare medical experience—I was in the exam room within 20 minutes of my appointment.”
- “Great office and staff all the way around.”
- “I always look forward to my visit at Dr. Kaplan’s (office). Everyone is so nice & friendly–it’s like a mini-vacation”
-Karin Weber, Patient
What type of insurance do you accept?
PPO, POS, Medicare, Major Medical Indemnity and Tricare for Life (retirees)
Are we accepting new patients?
Will the provider be able to treat all my problems in one visit?
Our providers will try their best to address all your concerns. Sometimes you will need another appointment.
How can I obtain Medical records?
Call our office to request a form or stop by. Please allow 1 week for us to get the records to you or the facility requested.
How can I get a renewal on my prescription?
For best/fastest results have your pharmacy fax us a request.
How do I prepare for a laser hair removal appointment?
The area to be treated should be shaved. Avoid waxing or bleaching for 6 weeks prior to the appointment. Read more information regarding laser hair removal.
Do you have other offices?
Do you offer gift certificates?
Do you bill for co-pays?
We prefer to collect co-pays at the time of your visit.
Why do I have to update my paperwork and insurance every 6 months?
We want to make sure we have your current address, phone numbers, medical history and insurance.
Why did I get a separate bill from Dr. David Barnette?
Biopsy specimens are sent to a pathologist for further testing. These charges are billed to your insurance separately from our office.